The Confusion between FALSE & NOT GIVEN

Dear all,

I hope you all are finding my content useful !!!

Being an IELTS aspirant,I try to keep few of the ways fixed to avoid further confusion.
Today,I will discuss regarding one of the confusion I faced while attempting TRUE/FALSE/NOT GIVEN from Cambridge Book 4.

So,I came across following question :



In the above question,the statement first seems False because Last sentence of the text means Refectory has healthy eating options (And generally students assume that HEALTHY AND FAST FOOD, both the keywords are contradictory ,hence,it should be False.)

However, we ignore that the whole statement is "HEALTHY EATING OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE" which means there may be other options as well but we are not sure that does it include FAST FOOD or not.

As we cannot assume anything therefore it is NOT GIVEN.


This attempt gives the lesson that while finding the answer for TRUE/FALSE/NOT GIVEN ,one should underline and consider each and every word Especially,when we are confused between FALSE & NOT GIVEN .


I hope that this discussion will help,somehow.


Regards 

MYRA VERMA

Comments

  1. video game genesis 1st - YouTube
    YouTube is your one stop destination for video game collectors. Video game genesis 1st. Sega Genesis 1st Video Game Console. $39.95. US $43.95. $43.99. 3. youtube to mp3 y2mate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Decoding IELTS Reading: Unveiling the Technique of Matching Headings

IELTS Exam and COVID-19 - Reality of DUOLINGO and IELTS INDICATOR